I was recently intereviewed by Michael Sjostedt from the Quitter to Winner Blog about how to use LinkedIn effectively. Take a look at the his interview blog post and check out the comments from Michael Yoder too (great additions).
Covered topics include:
- Why should you use LinkedIn?
- What are the top things you should do when you join?
- What are some of things you should do and not do to generate sales on LinkedIn?
- How can you use LinkedIn to promote your company?
- and more!
Have you ever tried to write a slightly longer update on Facebook only to be told that you can not type more than 420 characters?
Have you ever wondered how some people write posts that are multiple paragraphs, even pages long on Facebook?
The answer is quite simple, although elusive if you do not know where to look. Facebook offers multiple ways for you to post an update. You can:
- type an update in the "What's on your mind" box
- upload a photo
- upload a video
- share a link
- create an event
and you can write a note. A note? Yes, a note. By writing your update as a Facebook Note you can create lengthy articles including numerous paragraphs or pages of text. And the best part? It is easy to do.
How to write a Facebook Note:
- Login to your Facebook page
- Go to your Profile Page
- Click on the Notes tab (if you do not see a Notes tab click on the >> tab to the right of your viewable tabs and then select Notes)
- Click on the button Write a Note
- Give your note a title
- Type your text in the body of the note
- Add any relevant tags (think keywords)
- Add any photos you want linked to your new note
You are done!
Facebook will then automatically post the note on your wall and your note and its contents will be available for all of your Facebook Friends (or Fans if you do this on a Facebook Business page) will have access to your new creation.
So, what have you been wanting to write about? Let me know or write about it and share a link in the comments.