Pictures and Blogging - adding pictures to your blog for FREE!
Blogging is a wonderful tool to drive traffic to your website. Creating REMARKABLE content on your blog can be difficult though . . .
Problem One: Plain text is BORING. Adding pictures to your blog will increase engagement, interaction and readership.
Problem Two: Buying stock photography for each post you write on your blog can get expensive.
Problem Three: Using unlicensed pictures can be costly. New software makes it fairly simple for stock photo companies to find their photos that are being used without a license and when they do their licensing fees are OUTRAGEOUS - sometimes fees exceed $1,000 or more!
The solution: Use Flickr.com and search their extensive Creative Commons photo library to find photos to use on our blog for FREE! Follow these steps and you will be able to add photos to your blog posts in moments!
- Go to http://flickr.com
- Create a FREE account on Flickr
- Login to Flickr using your the account information you just registered with
- Go to the BOTTOM of the page and select Creative Commons
- Choose the Creative Commons library you want to search (I recommend the Attribution library)
- Search for the type of image you want to use in your blog
- Select the image you want to use to see it in detail
- Click the SHARE THIS button above the image
- Click the GRAB THE HTML/BB CODE button in the drop down menu
- Select the size image you want to use (default is MEDIUM)
- Copy the code that appears in the box above the image size selector
- Go to your blogging platform
- Choose INSERT HTML or the similar command in your blog editor
- Paste the HTML code that you copied into your blog post
- Save your blog post and publish it.
Here is a sample photo I choose when I went to find an image about photography: